When you donate to United Conservationists’ Fin Free campaign you are supporting our global effort to end the cruel and destructive slaughter of sharks. By donating you are providing the resources needed for Fin Free to educate and advocate on behalf sharks, curb the global demand for shark products, and bring an end to shark finning.
Donations to United Conservationists are tax-deductible in the United States to the extent allowed by law. Our tax identification number is 90-0522876. United Conservationists, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Fin Free is a registered trademark of United Conservationists. All rights reserved.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated and dynamic individuals to head up our regional efforts. While the positions are unpaid, you will be greatly rewarded by knowing you are having a real impact on our planet. Instead of talk, we are all about action – and you will be making a difference. And if you enjoy being surrounded by others who share your passion while developing this passion in others, this is the job for you! We are looking for individuals who:
- Can dedicate 5 – 10 hours per week to the cause.
- Have leadership experience and can motivate others.
- Are strong public speakers; comfortable interacting in large groups.
- Can learn quickly but also have a solid, foundational understanding of the issues facing the oceans.
- Are compelling and passionate and can excite others.
- Have a knack for organizing and like paying attention to details.
- Are committed conservationists who believe in the importance of the ocean and respect the creatures that live within them.
- Are excited to get involved in such an important cause.
- Have managed people before and are dynamic in their interactions.
- Are closet (or even unabashed) entrepreneurs.
- Love a good challenge.
- Are self-starters – unafraid to take chances or participate in the sales process.
- Know how to communicate well with all types of people.
Think you fit the profile? Email us
In addition to becoming Fin Free, there are many ways you can actively participate in our campaign by donating your skills to the cause.
- We are looking for campaign leaders for localized efforts.
- We always can benefit from those with public relation, marketing, and advertising skills to assist in our campaigns. Please send us an email.
- Got a background in technology – web development, databases and data analysis, social networking, and other new media tools? Please contact us.
- Are you a photographer or videographer – either budding or professional?
Your content would be incredibly valuable to our campaign.
Get the Latest
Our movement is growing quickly; sometimes it is hard to keep up! Check out this space to see the latest news and developments on FinFree.